1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some ISO's not work?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Nourbasil, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Nourbasil

Nourbasil Member

hey guys... Well, i've been using iso files for a while now, and all of them seemed to work just fine, untill i downloaded stuff like Ratchet And Clank:Size Maters and Pro Evolution Soccer 2007. These to games in particular don't work. I open the game in my psp i get the psp sign or whatever it's called and then i get a black screen and it just stays like that. Y is that? are the files corrupted or is it cuz u just simply can't? I have a Custom Fimware 3.10oe-a... Does any1 know the problem???

thanks

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

bad iso's possibly.

have u tried multiple copies of these games? not just the same copy over and over?

3. Nourbasil

Nourbasil Member

no, i've only tried the same one... so is that what the problem might be, bad copies??? if it is so, then i guess i'm just unlucky and i'll have to download others... But, r u sure?

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

more then likely that's the problem, download a different copy (different release group or something)

that's one of the first things to try if an ISO doesn't work :p

5. Nourbasil

Nourbasil Member

alright thanks dude..

6. Static_

Static_ Regular member

Ratchet & Clank, as well as Daxter, (not sure aobut Winnign Evolution Soccer) require you to turn on your processing speed to 266 or 333 from 222.

7. Nourbasil

Nourbasil Member

Thanks a lot Static, Ratchet And Clank worked like a charm (i still didn't try PES2007, but i assume it'll work), but just a couple questions, the speed; should i keep it at 222, 266 or 300? and should i keep it like that or should i put it back to default and change it only when i want to play? (like does it fusk the psp up?)

8. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Faster CPU speeds just use more power.

Ratchet & Clank wise, is the "dream" level the most annoying thing since Britney Spears or is just me ?

9. newgen06

newgen06 Guest

It’s crazy really as I have 2 PSP’s, one is 1.5fw using devhook 5.2 emulating 3.02, Ratchet And Clank works fine, no need to change the processing speed. Yet the other PSP has 3.10oe but will not run the game (haven’t tried changing the processing speed yet). And some games run with 3.10oe but not with devhook?.

10. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^that's odd.. mine didn't worked w/ devhook but worked w/ 3.03oe-c. :S