1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does dvdrw dont play in my xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jorida, Apr 7, 2005.

1. jorida

jorida Member

I have a crystal edition xbox and made it modified last month. At first it is running smoothly as it reads dvdrw. I'm always using dvdrw to check first the backup games and videos if i like it then burn to dvdr but right now my xbox always shows no disc whenever i use dvdrw.Can anyone help me.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, what Xbox drive do you have?

3. jorida

jorida Member

It's a samsung drive. Im also thinking, is it because of the kind of modification? but im not familiar with the mod chip that was use in my xbox although i can see EvolutionX V+3935 in the screen.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

try to backup a game that you know worked before with the same disk,just to rule out the disk being at fault. If the is the disk being at fault....buy a new disk.

5. jorida

jorida Member

I already tried that. I even used different brand of disk but when it comes to rw nothing works.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

so you've never had an RW work for you at all?

7. jorida

jorida Member

It did at first.I had backed up 3 games and 1 avi files in a dvdrw disk before and it played with no problem. Just that now that anything that i play with dvdrw it shows no disc even the games that played before doesnt work. I dont know what triggered the problem coz it only affect RW.

8. jorida

jorida Member

As i remember, when it start failing we tried swapping a dvdr game that works and play it for a while then we try swapping the dvdrw back and it will eventually work then. but now that method is not working either.