1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does GTA3, which is 1 DVD, burn to 2 identical DVD+R's???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KissMyAss, Feb 11, 2004.

1. KissMyAss

KissMyAss Guest

I used Clony XXL to detect the Safedisc 2.51 copyguard, transfered that info to Alcoholer, and then finally to Alcohol, where it burned two DVD's from the same image. Both games boot up and play successfully, but I just can't understand why there are two. Please, someone explain!

2. dukill

dukill Member

If you use dvd decyrptor to rip the game and burn it you would save your time and alot of hassle.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr.cfm

The guide is for a dvd movie but works the same with a ps2 game. I have used it for all mine and no coasters yet. If you have a fat32 system you may get two files when you rip. An iso and a mds. Use dvd decryptor in write mode and burn the mds file. Very easy.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

maybe you had the burning app to burn 2 discs?

4. Slofire

Slofire Member

Why use dvd decryptor for ps2 games, why not jsut do a direct copy. Thats all I do and its never failed. I just do create a copy with Nero.

5. KissMyAss

KissMyAss Guest

Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate it. For starters, yes, I do have a fat32 system, so maybe that accounts for the two discs then? And I did consider the possibility that I set the app for 2 copies, but I'm sure that I didn't.

In fact, somewhere in this forum, I have read many accounts which refer to there being more than one output disc. It's still pretty confusing to me.

As for Dvd Decryptor, I have tried unsuccessfully to burn GTA3 with it. But that may be because the original GTA3 disc that I rented was a bad one - wouldn't burn with ANYTHING. So I exchanged it for another and Alcohol took care of it with no problem - but the two discs. I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Slo - I personally haven't had any success with Nero -maybe because of my sony burner (which doesn't work with Recordnow Max, for example). I do direct copy with EZ CD Creator's disc copy which works perfectly as long as it can get past the copyguard (it could, for example, for The Simpsons: Hit & Run, but not for GTA3).

Do you know for a fact whether Nero burns GTA3?

6. Slofire

Slofire Member

Ya primo and record now dont recognize my LG writer as well....

as for GTA:VC i havnt tried burning that, but you could try making a disk image, and then burning the image. I dont know if you tried that but it might work

7. Slofire

Slofire Member

Try using Dvd X copy express to see if it will let you do, dvd to dvd copies of it...or CopytoDVD, that might work as well

8. KissMyAss

KissMyAss Guest

tried Xpress...doesn't work...I didn't expect it to anyway, really, because DVD X COPY and Xpress are for movies...And btw, I'm not talking about GTA:VC, I actually own that one, so I wasn't worried about burning it...I'm talking about GTA3, the one before Vice City...That's the one that produces two discs.

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well i tested this....

120% make few files but make out one dvd-rw
    sonic recordnow made one dvd-rw
    nero one dvd-rw
    dvd decryptor one dvd-rw

all this tested on my friends pc who has 9x fat32 with a retail copy of gta3 on the same dvd-rw.... i cant really see the problem here... all you do is pop in the dvd then open 120% open the image wizard copy the dvd to hdd... open burning wizard burn the image and thats that... i cant really see the problem behind all this.. sure it makes 2 or 3 files more but still it burns ONLY one dvd...

10. Goten

Goten Member

Hey, i was thinkin since you ppl said that your 2 dvds loaded on the ps2, then does that mean i can burn a DVD-ROM based game to like 4 CD-Rs and play them?

Pleez answer Back

Peace-Goten!