1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does nero burn one way and my mp3 player read it another

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ladyd999, Sep 8, 2003.

1. ladyd999

ladyd999 Member

I have Nero 5 and lately i have taken up burning audiobooks in mp3 format. I have carefully numbered each track in the file (ie)agatha christie ch 01
    agatha christie ch 02
    and so on... I wanted to make sure they would burn in order of chapter.
    On one disc i burned quite a few audio books and every single one of them plays chapter 02 first and puts chapter one at the end of the file so u hear all the other chapters before u hear the first one (eventhough they were correct in the compilation). I have done every thing and burned a tone of discs as i played around with the file names and still my mp3 player wont read them in proper order.GGGGRRR....
    does it have to do with the ISO name? and if so, what is the standard way to number,or structure the file directory, so the files are read in the order inwhich they were intended.

I thank all who reply with help! :)

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. I'm slightly confused are you burning mp3cds or audioCDs? If you are burning mp3 cds, I'm not sure if Nero5 has that capability (since I dont have an mp3 capable cd player i will never find out)

2. Also check that the tag information for your MP3s are accurate (i.e., the track entry).

3. ladyd999

ladyd999 Member

I amd burning Mp3s as just data in ISO format. They work just file...play great! but for some reason the first track in the file is always at the end. This applies to mp3 songs and spoken word too. Im beginning to think it must have to do with 8 character file system and "joliet/unicode" because when i take that tick off in the file options and look at the compilation window in ISO view, they look in proper order. But i dont know much about Joliet.

4. Praetor

Joliet is an expansion of the ISO9660 standard and allows for much more informative filenames and such. Wheras ISO limits you to the DOS8.3, Joliet (potentially) allows you to do 64+ characters.

Also, have you tried using the MP3CD burning feature? Does that work right the first time, everytime? If so, i would suspect that it is the ISO vs Joliet issue. Many older drives and standalone players sometimes cannot handle Joliet

5. ladyd999

ladyd999 Member

Thank u for your input....

This may sound dumb but i used the wizard to burn my audiobooks and im thinking that they may have burned in 8+3...im going to try using level 2 character set (max31) instead of 8+3. I will try it with no joliet and see what happens.
    U had mentioned a mp3CD burning format... does nero 5 have that? i have never seen it....i just always us ISO data. Hey.... i do have 5.5 kickin' around here but i didnt like it as much as 5....would this mp3CD burning format be on that version...or are u refering to another program?

6. Praetor

7. ladyd999

ladyd999 Member

Thank u Praetor, u where exactly right and all is well and works fine as long as i take off the joliet and put the setting on 31 characters.
    I thank u big time.
    i have to tell u, after joining 3 forums, writting Nero, and liteon (my burner manuf.)and receiving many replys, u where the only one that was right. :)
    ~Lady D~

8. Praetor

Wow. Thanks :) *sniffle* (and this is the reason i post here). I help where I can. Your comments mean a lot. Thank you