1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does this happen when stripping dvd9

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Z28kid, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Z28kid

Z28kid Member

First i ripped how high it first started out at like 5GB then i ifoedited it it came out to under 4GB perfect for dvd-r. But then i stripped jurassic park and i ifoedited it but it only lost like 40mb why does this happen? how could ifo takes off alot of info off some dvds and other it doesn't take off that much?

But the way this is my first time posting but i learned to copy dvds by reading the posts. just want to thank everyone and say what a great board this is.

Thanks

2. malum

malum Regular member

Well, some DVDs have many extras and many languages and subtitles and some don't have any.

3. Z28kid

Z28kid Member

i stripped out all the extra languages and all the extras and jurassic park only lost like 40mb but when i did it to how high it lost like 600mb. any reason why?

4. malum

malum Regular member

Read my post again.
    Think about it.
    Now go and stand in the corner with a pointed hat with a big 'D' on it.

5. Z28kid

Z28kid Member

but i though ifoedit was suppose to take out all that extra stuff? so is there anyway to get all of the subtitles and languages out?

6. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

yes,
    you must uncheck the ones you dont want to keep, that is all the languages and subtitles ,

7. Z28kid

Z28kid Member

i have done that. this is what im trying to say. i did it with both how high and jurassic but, how high lost alot more info than jurassic i want to know why this is?

Can anyone tell me?

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

There are a number of variables that determine how much space the video takes up. I've found that if there are a lot of special effects in the movie (like Jurassic Park) it will tend to be bigger because there is a lot more information in the video. Also, some movies have a lot more in the main titleset than the main movie and some don't. And of course the longer the movie is the more space it will take up. The real question isn't how much smaller the titleset got. It's whether what's left is right for the length of the movie and the amount of detail in the picture.

9. Z28kid

Z28kid Member

THank you vurbal. Yea i not its not how much was taken out. This makes sense cause i wanted to look towards what movies to pick out to copy to one dvd so ill stay away from big special effects.

10. Z28kid

Z28kid Member

THank you vurbal. Yea i not its not how much was taken out. This makes sense cause i wanted to look towards what movies to pick out to copy to one dvd so ill stay away from big special effects.