1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't wifi sniffer work on 3.40 OE?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by NINVIN21, Sep 3, 2007.

1. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I updated my psp today and now wifi sniffer don't work, anyone know why this is?

Thank you

2. aday1

aday1 Member

If you were having issues launching it from youe /PSP/GAME/ folder, I had the same issue.

To work around this I moved it to /PSP/GAME150/ and it since decided to launch from there.

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

mine works fine in the GAME folder, kernel set to 1.5

4. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

Sorry to be behing and asking a n0ob question but what EXACTLY is WIFI sniffer? i dont know maybe because I'm not a... NOSEY guy. get it? Sniffer, Nosey. J.F. You run it from the game menu and what?

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

it's basically a little program that continusly runs and logs any wifi traffic, so you can use it to find unsecured 'hotspots' to borrow connections from neighbors/houses/business near you, it wont' log you in, but it will show you name, mac, if it's WEP/WPA/WPA-TK secured or unguarded.....

would be convenient if ur just looking for a spot to do online gaming, or a spot to leach a connection w/ a laptop.

6. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i see. But it seems its the same as when you search for a connection. It's not like it increases the distance or speed. What EXACTLY does it do that we cant do originally without it. Thanks Smurff

7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

you use it to run constant, it doesn't stop itself like 'browsing for a connection' does. like if i walk to the store (15min walk) i pick up about 40 different Wifi's of this about 15 are unsecured completely.

u just set wifi sniffer to run and it will run and log the ip's and info until you stop wifisniffer. i hope you kind of understand the benefit, it's not really benefitial to get on your own network, but to find open ones it's easier.