1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it that makes pandora battery works?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Alfx, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Alfx

Alfx Member

I don't get it, I can remove the battery, plug-in the AC adapter and the psp boots normally.

Why are the battery so radically different? what was the point of doing such a seemingly stupid thing?

Couldn't have them work both the same way?
    Why is it that makes the battery so different?

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well the reason they don't all work the same is because sony doesn't want anyone to go into 'service mode'. So naturaly they planned to only keep a Jigkick to themselves. There is something do do with flashing a serial to the battery that lets it go into service mode, how the psp boots on still is beyond me... someone else may know.

3. Krushin

Krushin Regular member

marlino for prez!

4. Alfx

Alfx Member

I can see that why did would have made the battery different if they wanted a way to boot the psp in service mode to repair it.

Even though I still think they could have made something else more
    complicated that only them could do...
    Hmm..This is interesting.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Yeah, I imagine something a little more complicated, but not from Sony, they just go ahead and think that they completley run the psp and all.

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i remember reading that once the battery is in the service mode, it bypasses the flash0 and reads the memory stick ipl.

if you power on with the battery, it will read the serial number of the battery, in this case pandora's battery. it will boot into service mode because the battery serial is set to service mode and contains the power to turn on the psp.

if you boot with the charger only, it will boot normally because there is no service mode when plugged into the charger.

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well put, cee43ja1. That's everything you need to know. And it gets the flash files from the update.pbp in case you're wondering where the flash files come from.