1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my Backup reading unknown

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Cornnuts, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Cornnuts

Cornnuts Member

ok, I'm FTPing all game information from my xbox D: drive to the PC by using FlashFXP and then using the iso program xIso v 1.1.5 and then burning the iso with Nero express 6 but everytime I put the new backup into my xbox it reads as unkown. I don't know what is going on. Can anyone tell me why my xbox would read each backup as unknown. Thank You.

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

#1 Make sure your using the option of "burn from image" in Nero.
    #2 If it's a +R disc you may have to change the "booktype setting" to dvdrom either in Nero or some drives have sofware utilities that will also do this.Some drives do it automatically
    #3 Better to just go with -R discs if your xbox is having trouble reading the +R discs your drive creates.

3. Cornnuts

Cornnuts Member

I am using dvd -r but it is still reading as unknown would you know what is going on or can you explain in steps on how you backup games

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You [bold]have[/bold] to use the "burn from image" option within Nero. If your just buring a data dvd it won't work.
    I use Easy Media Creator 7 by Roxio to burn most of my game and DVD images.Nero and DVD Decrypter work fine also.

5. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Make sure that you're checking the "Finalize DVD" box on the burn tab. I was having the same problem, until I realized I wasn't clicking it.

6. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

ftp the game files to your pc with flash FXP....then use either craxtion4 or Quix to create your image. Make sure you patch the image with craxtion4 just for good measure....then just use Alcohol 120% to burn the image. NO SETTINGS to worry about. Just select your image,selct your burner.....and burn. That's it!

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

When you open Nero, don't use the Startup Wizard. Instead, manually open your Iso, and then burn it. Your pic should have the same settings as the pic a few posts above has.