1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my reencoded wide screen movie looks vertically stretched

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gknyc, Aug 28, 2002.

1. gknyc

gknyc Member

I have followed the steps of Stripping Streams of video and main audio through smart ripperinto m2v and ac3 files, reencoded to a lower bit rate (%85) through rempeg2, the authored it in SpruceUp. The whole process and final product worked perfectly fine expect the images looking a bit vertically stretched. The original is a wide screen and movie and when I view the m2v file standalone through media player it looks fine. What's causing this???
    Thanks.

2. joshua

joshua Member

Check the properties of the vob`s in Ifoedit,
    they may be in reg screen format in which case you will have to edit them to widescreen with ifoedit and the save the .ifo file.

3. gknyc

gknyc Member

When I checked the ifo for the movie segment it says 16:9 720x480 letterboxed under titleset. So, it I think it is already set correctly...

4. pipster

pipster Guest

I've had the same problem but I just assumed I'd forgotten to set the output resolution to 720*480 or perhaps the frame mode to match source . Each time it happens for me I just run Rempeg again and carefully check the settings and next time around its worked fine