1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is the decryption on SHRINK so behind the times?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ericbee, Apr 10, 2005.

1. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

Posted by Brobear "Another program that AnyDVD gave a new lease on life. DVDXCopy suffers from obsolete decryption software as well as DVD Shrink."

There has been little to no updates to the decryption portion of DVD SHRINK. I am curious as to why? Clearly every other similar program and all ripping software has and is up to date and current in their ability to handle the newest movies and latest encryption on these movies.

It is unfortunate that what once used to be an "all in one" type of program now requires the use of external rippers like decryptor to do the job it used to do so well.

Any ideas as to "WHY"?

2. Towney

Towney Member

I read somewhere on this forum that the originator of Shrink went to work for Nero and this is why no updates. HTH

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Towney's answer is correct. Mr Shrink now works for Nero. That is why Nero Recode looks like a duplicate of Shrink except it doesn't have the decrypter ability. Yes it would be nice if he updated the decrypting part of it without changing the program. I guess he isn't able to do so because of his employment with Nero.

Jerry