1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is this happening?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Daggy-G, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

I recently bought a ps2 v10 & had someone install a magic v50K on it.
    DVD/R ps2 games & & movies seem to work fine, Even ps2 cd games work. ButPs1 games wont load (original or backed up) It thinks they r audio cds.
    (Yes I know about the holding reset for 3 seconds ps1 loading instructions)
    Still doesn't work, I tryed many other forms but no one really seems to have a clue. I'm hoping some of the experts here can help. pleeeeeese
    Anyone else have this problem or know why this would be happening?
    Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Have you tried holding Eject until the blue light comes on to power on your PS2 to put it into PS1 mode? The Magic chips for the v9/10 PS2's usually require holding Eject not Reset to change modes.

3. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Yes I have, That doesn't work either,
    Someone help me out b4 I take apart my ps2 & it never works again

4. MoleyMole

MoleyMole Guest

I'm having the same trouble .. please someone help. If i disable the chip by holding reset for three seconds on turn on. I want it to play back up ps1 games though... please help Please please please.

I think i have a ripper chip and the instructions are to insert the game and hold down circle on the joypad , then press reset twice and the game should load.

It starts up and the normal playstation screen appears but then i get the browser screen with the memory card and a blue cd.

HELP ME PLEASE >>> WANT TO PLAY THRILL KILL!

5. MoleyMole

MoleyMole Guest

help .. anyone any ideas

are there any other instructions that anyone can give me to try.... i have tried the ripper instructions and they don't seem to work ..... if i disable the chip the normal ps1 discs load fine but that doesnt help me with backups.

Please help