1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is this problem happened??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by LUFFYPSP, Apr 26, 2007.

1. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

well im back after being suspended....regret it very much to go against the rule...

i m using a 3.40oe-a psp.n i customized my xmb.worked well all of them except the 01-12 background (it has white square blocks on the network topmenu) but i go on using it.but still it is fine...

then i put ir shell ver 3.00...using it as remote controller 4 my ps2.worked well...then the day after that i use it again 4 my ps2.n when i try to exit to xmb from the ir shell,the psp screen turn black 4 awhile n turned off...i thought its normal n i tried switching it on back.but it turn black again n turn off.

the only place i can go is to the recovery mode.i dont know to recover back to 1.5 so i decided to open the flash0 n reflash it back.n guess what my psp turned on!!!

im glad that it is still alive.but i noticed that it has no opening. (the black wave with the sony words after a hard reset)..ive checked the opening plugin n its ok..

so im not satisfied, i decided to reflash my 3.40oe-a..n the result is still the same..btw when i replaced the topmenu like i did before, my psp wont turned on so i change the topmenu to normal n it worked..

now i customize everything except the topmenu..

so my Ques is :
    -why my psp suddenly turned off like that?is it a semi brick??or is there something wrong with the ir shell?
    -whre is my opening?is it gone already?n it is nothing wrong is not it to have no opening right?or is it bad??
    -why cant i used the topmenu juz like i did before this happening??

sory 4 this very x3 long thread but any help would be really3 appreciated by me..

thnkxxs 4 ur time n thnkxss 4 the help.

2. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

anyone?? plizz

3. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Sounds like a semi-brick. There is a Recovery Winstaller available somewhere (found it a couple of days ago) that will copy all required files to your PSP for recovering back to 1.50. That is what I would do if I were you. Start with a clean 1.50, reupgrade to the most current OE, then make a copy of your flash0. Only make one change at a time if possible so you can determine which rco is causing the problem.

~Rich

4. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

well what if i bricked my psp during recovering to 1.5?

5. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

anyone??

6. touran22

touran22 Regular member

dont downgrade to 1.5;.... just reflash Oe via recovery.

7. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

ive done that before n getting the same result.any ideas?? but ive reflashing it not through the recovery.

how to do it through recovery??