1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why isnt the dvd shrink isnt working anymore?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by angelz73, Dec 30, 2004.

1. angelz73

angelz73 Member

i am trying to backup a dvd movie but iy wont let me i keep on getting an error and the dvd shrink screen does the backup button suppose to be working i cant click on it pls help me...........

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

i can't understand a single thing you just said.

which dvd are you trying to rip?

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

The word for the day is PUNCTUATION, use some, it's what makes a sentance -

Pete

4. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Dude, Could you be more specific.What DVD is it that you are trying to back up.Your post was a bit a bit vague there and I could not understand what the hell your saying.
    Try takeing a deep breath and remember that if we understand what your are saying we can't help you.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Loosely Translated:
    I am trying to backup a DVD movie, but it (DVD Shrink) won't let me. I keep on getting an error.

On the DVD Shrink screen the Backup button does not work. I cannot click on it. Please help me.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

angelz73,
    Please tell us exactly what the error message is.
    Try to be clearer in your posts.
    We are more than happy to help you out.

7. angelz73

angelz73 Member

it was for resident evil 2 but never mind i think every1 is having the same problem thanx anys

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

9. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Greetings everyone! Hey Pete got question for you, saw you on DVD Decrypter forum early talking this RE2 VOB thing, just wanted to ask you, do you understand what it is that VOB Blanker does, from a techie standpoint? I'm not sure I do and could really use some info on it if you know. I know that the PSL thing allows Decrypter to physically read the disc, allowing us to rip it, but the downside is, is that it doesn't change anything as it rips it, so when you go to compress it with Shrink you still get the CIRC error. What does Blanker do to allow Shrink to read the data?

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually, I believe the PSL list tells DVDD which files are bad so it doesn't read them.

As for VOBBlanker, It has the ability to blank (remove) "within a VOB", for instance short video sequences within the menu, Since DVD's such as The Bourne Supremacy have an unwanted image (refered to as "the jumping Jack) inserted into their menu OR Unreferenced Materials VOBBlanker is an excellent proggy to just remove them.

Many pple use VOBBlanker along with DVD shrink.

The recipe is:
    Rip with DVD Decrypter, run through VOBBlanker to remove unwanted sections (actually making VOBs smaller) then finishing with DVD Shrink with so little to compress - all that's left is to encode and burn :)

Cheers,

Pete :)

11. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Hey thxs for the info Pete, helped me understand it a little better. I used Blanker to dump RE2 and then Shrink to compress it and it worked fine. Was trying to understand what it does that Decrypter doesn't do. (yet....) ;)