1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why My Copies Only Work On One Player

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by seamusd, Dec 21, 2004.

1. seamusd

seamusd Guest

Hello,
    My copies only work on my older Pioneer player and not my nrewer Mintek?????

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Burner model and #? What brand and format of media are you using? How fast are you burning?

3. colw

colw Active member

Not uncommon - many standalones appear finicky as to what they will and will not play.

Good quality media without labels advisable.

4. seamusd

seamusd Guest

MegaSTOR 7-in-1 16x4x16 External USB 2.0 Double Layer DVD+/-RW Drive
    Memorex 4xDVDR and Comp USA 4x discs
    4x
    Is this enough?

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Looking at your media choice, try something different. Try some maxell,tdk,sony, or fuji.Memorex is mostly junk and comp usa is ?. memorex is not a very good media in most cases. Comp usa, hard telling who made theirs unless you look up their codes. http://www.dvdinfopro.com ,,,,,download this free program to check out them codes. What format are those 2 brand of discss?Usually poor quality media is the problem. Later

6. seamusd

seamusd Guest

Many thanks.

7. seamusd

seamusd Guest

Ok, I switched to TDK discs, same problem. A friend brought over his Sony external burner, same problem. Tried my copies on a newer Panasonic player, same problem. Is it me of the program?

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Are all discs you using the same format? Might try the other format seeing as your burner will do both.Some people say the cheapie stand alones will outplay the high dollar ones.Some people say the newer standalones like the + format, and older ones the - format.Did you try to slow the the burn speed? sometimes that can throw a stand alone off if it is too fast.Usually programs don't affect this issue,files are files whether it is done with dvd cloner or shrink. What programs are you using?

9. srmarsh

srmarsh Guest

We had the same problem... our players were picky about the type of dvd recorded movies they would play. We spent a lot of money finding the right media. We found the Ritek dvd+r 4X worked the best on several of our players, but then it wouldn't play on one of the players. You will need to find the right media for the right player unfortunately.

We did find the Curtis Mathis 5000 played everything! Now we take a burned movie with us and try it in the player at the store before buying the player. This saves a lot of headaches. I would love to find the software or the burner that will burn formats to play on all players. If anyone knows this answer we'd all love to know it.

10. seamusd

seamusd Guest

I ended up using Fugi dvd- and my problems are solved (probally). Thanks to everyone who helped.

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello seamusd,glad to see the fuji's help you out. Just remember to stau with the same quantity packs.I haven't messed with fuji's but they are probably made by different manufactures using the fuji brand name.

If you got a 10 pack and they are working great,the 25 pack may be different. Same may occur with the 50 spindle and etc.

Just something to be on the lookout in case you run into any more media problems.

Here's another tip to finding the High quality media in a store. Look for made in japan on the label. These are the best. If it says made in taiwan,they may be ok. If made anywhere else,stay away from them.

Later