1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why my dvdrom can't read dvd-rw?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by elperra, Apr 10, 2005.

1. elperra

elperra Member

Hi. Why my dvdrom or Pioneer 105 can't read a dvd-rw Ritek 4X? My brother record a tv show for me on his dvd recorder and now that I want to watch it on my computer it can't read it. Is there anyway that I can do to make work?
    Thanks in advance.

2. elperra

elperra Member

Sorry, I forgot. Also my sony dvd player can't read it and it suppost to read dvd-rw, is a sony dvp ns 325.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Did your brother finalize or "make compatable" the ritek-rw disc he gave you? You said tv show from recorder so I take it your brother used a tv home recorder.

On my tv home burner + only, +r's have to be finalized and +rw's have to be Made Compatable or else they cannot be viewed on other players and pc drivess

I have the same sony stand alone player and it is very good at reading all my discs from 8 different burners.It will even play some backups that were burned at 16x.When that player doesn't play one of my backups,usually it hasn't been finalized or something is on the encryption from the newer sony arcos encryptions.

4. elperra

elperra Member

Thanks for your reply. I think that's the problem, I will tell my brother to do finalize it and make it compatible with other players. Thanks a lot really appreciate your help.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

No problem elperra, Hopefully that is the solution.If not,come on back! Later