1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHY MY PS2 NOW PLAYING GAME?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Vietboi89, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

uhh i am having problem with my ps2 -.- crap..... kinda mad right now becuz i cant boot up any of my game... like SRS RACEING, midenight club 2, etc. it play dvd and cd but it dont wanna play the games... why is that? anyone had problem like me? could u help out?

2. munx

munx Regular member

are they original games or backups? if a backup you will need something to boot it up, modchip, swapmagic, etc...

also if backup what media are you using and what speed did you burn at?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  3. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

ahha naww they all brand new game >.< i dont use burn game or backup all new =]

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Sounds like the laser is on it's way out.

5. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

wat?... laser on it way out?... what that mean... lens?

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

It means your ps2 laser maybe about to pack in as in not work at all, the 1st sign off a bad ps2 laser is it not reading cretin things then b4 you know it won’t read anything anymore, I’ve been through 3 ps2's in 2 years. Do you get the “disc read error”?

7. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

omg. o0o i c.. but befor it perfect.. lolz damn 3 ps2 in 2 year? =\ alot of moola =] can i barrow 150 buck? =] j/k...

8. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

lol yeah 3 in two years all with the same problem, sony only fixed one of them too

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  9. Link45

Link45 Member

But like wont sony repair your lens if you mail it to them? And which kind of ps2 did they fixed? did they fixed the 39001 model? I have a 39001 model right now and mine just read DVD-Format only.

10. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

lol it cost u 50 dollor for them to fix it for u that not counted shipping and handeling =] so... i dunno my is the 50001 model eheh i think not sure but yea lolz my only play cd right now..... dvd game dont work..

11. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Cant remember the model. Sony wanted me to pay for them to fix it, something like £50, it would have been cheaper to buy a new laser off the net.

12. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

hmmm naww i have a plan =].. KAKAKA
    1. go to a store buy a ps2
    2. go home play with it for 3 day
    3. return the ps2 with ur old burnt ass ps2
    4. you got urself a brand new ps2 =)
    (10 percent back in stock fee my charge - and they dont even check serial number =) kakaka smart huh i did this like 5 time alrdu with my computer part =D putting old thing in getting the new thing out )
    SO TRY IT

13. Link45

Link45 Member

Lol. I took my warrant sticker out so i dont think i can return it. Hey but after sony fixes it, would it still break in the future? What do you suggest let sony fix it or buy new lens. I just want my PS2 to play without worrying if the lens will break one day

14. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Well Viet.. you solved your own problem...lol... I've done that with a SNES before,.... I had a friend do that with a game for NES long time ago, He bought a game he wanted and took it home, took out the card and put it in his lil sisters crappy ass game and then put the old card in the new cart. and returned it... He did that at a couple video rentals too.....Ahh those were the good ole days...lol

15. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I've recently bought a new PS2 to replace my old one, but the old one still works.

Get this!

If I leave the PS2 in the horizontal position, it will only read CD format, if I put in in the vertical position, it only reads DVD format. Go figure.

Before throwing it out over a "disc read error", try flipping from vertical to horizontal & vice-versa.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

16. Vietboi89

Vietboi89 Member

haha lol! hell yea i did that like 2 timel.... >.< but man i dont want to do that becuz i have the big ass ps2 kind.. and now day the fucken store only have the slim -.- kinda hard to fine the fat kind now dayz...ahha i try that flipping it over =} nothing happen buddy =]