1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Oh Why!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by smoov, Jan 17, 2007.

1. smoov

smoov Member

i have downloaded and burnt the disc id utility, but it wont load when i use with sawp magic, and i have now copied fifa 07 again from the original and patched that, and again it wont load!!

i know there are peeps that have done this!

someone who knows please help

2. ace1uk

ace1uk Guest

You need to rebuild Fifa 07 1st, so the image is smaller & will boot with Swap Magic once burnt. Forum search would of told you this, and there's info on rebuilding in some of the stickies.

3. smoov

smoov Member

i know how to rebuild, and i have tried patching with and without rebuilding!! and every time the newly burnt copy will not even load, just spins and says not a valid ps2 disc!!

yet i have 3 copies & the original that i am using for the initial image!!

i have now figured out the disc utility and i have to original disc id and i have patched, windip and id insertor!!

4. smoov

smoov Member

i know i am doing everything by the book!!

so why oh why is my newly burnt patched copy of fifa 07 not loading

5. ace1uk

ace1uk Guest

Have you rebuilt FIFA before DNA$ patching the image file?
    A rebuilt iso of Fifa 07 should be 2.51Gb. Make sure your iso is that size & NOT the 4.35Gb that it is before rebuilding.
    Other than that, make sure its good quality DVD-R that you're using to burn to.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  6. smoov

smoov Member

i have tried patching before and after rebuilding!!

i hav tried with dvd dycrypter and alcohol!!

mmmmm, the discs i use are unbranded, but i checked origin and they were taiyo yuden, and all my games work fine!

but i have checked most recent discs and they are TDK !!

is it these discs?? surely it would atleast load? and not just tell me not a valid ps2 disc?

strange thing is, i made a copy of a game i hav done already,via dycrypter and that didnt work!!

so, is it discs or dycrypter?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

no, it would not load if the PS2 laser just has a problem reading that brands, or your burner doesn't do a good job with burning them.
    It could either load and have problems, like with the audio or video or possibly even freeze up. Or it could give you the message that you are getting.
    Taiyo Yuden are top notch, TDK is a hit or miss. I have a friend who swears by them and they work every time, yet i can take the same game and my system will have all kinds of problems loading it.
    It is best to buy your media (if in the US) from an online source that gaurantees their media like supermediastore.com and to buy top quality media like the Taiyo Yuden Silver Thermal Laquer 8X DVD-R

It really could just be the discs. Do you have any working games you could back up again on those discs to see if it will work?
    Some game may and others will not.

8. smoov

smoov Member

i know in the past that i have copied a copy ans thats worked, so i will try that and try again with an original!!

some of the games that i burnt that didnt need rebuilding or anything i did via a program on my laptop, Sonic!!

so i rekon if that doesnt work, it must be the TDK!!

Altho i was using a Sony dvd rw, which i now know that rws arent the best, but in the past i had used them as testers, and the game atleast loaded up! but the sony dvd rws are also not even loading!!

it took me long enuff to find all details and programs to enable me to patch and im goin insane tryin to sort this!!

i really apprec the replies, as ive found in the past, even if
    peeps dont know the exact reason why im havin probs, you guys ask quests or suggest things that will point me in the right direction

cheers

i will post reply when i try again!

ONE LAST THING

Now i have patch the dnas , it has changed the image from the round pic initiallly, to the windip image!! is that ment to be like that!??

9. smoov

smoov Member

it was the dam disc!! tdk grade 3 !!! i think

i never even thort that my source for dvds would change the supplie!!

i have ordered over 200 previoulsy and they have all be taiyo yuden!

thanks guys for pointin me in the right direction, altho it was praps something i should have checked before i made shiny dvd wind chime!

atleast il knw for the future

thanxs

10. steimy

steimy Active member

just keep the DVD's around. You can always use them to burn movies on which are not as picky as games, or even just backing up your files in case of a computer crash.