1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why r you all using DVD-R?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Tripwire, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

i just have a question why are you all using DVD-r ? I'm using DVD+R on my V1/V2 ps2 and don't have any problems!
    anyway is Ritek also he best brand for DVD+R?

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

It's your personal preference. for me -R makes me feel all warm inside :p

3. $$$$

$$$$ Member

i use +r for every game as my writer is only a +. I have a v7 ps2 with fliptop and swap magic. I use nero straight copy, no dvd decrypter even though it does work. I do a straight copy on every game at 4x and i have ripped about 10 games and only had 1 problem with driver 3 freezing but i have heard that is a common problem. + rules!!

4. Knight88

Knight88 Member

For some versions of PS2, DVD-R works best. For some of us, myself included, DVD+R works fine. I personally have used TDK, Verbatim, and Sony DVD+R without one single "bad" burn. You just need to stick with "quality" DVD+/-R not the cheap "house brand" stuff some stores carry.

5. mstan77

mstan77 Member

$$$$, I have and use the exact same set-up as you. I have a V.7, use Nero, and have a flip top; unfortunately, my back-ups will not play. When I insert them, they will not load past the game developers logo screen. What brand of DVD media are you using?

6. knapptown

knapptown Member

Thought people would like to know the difference between +r and -r:

The DVD-R DVD+R difference can easily be summarized by the following:

*The DVD-R/RW standard was developed by Pioneer, and is used primarily by Apple and Pioneer. These “minus“ discs can only be written to in one layer on the discs surface. In addition, this format is supported by the DVD forum, but is in no way an industry standard. DVD-R/RW discs are cheaper than the “plus” format.

*The DVD+R/RW format is supported by Philips, Dell, Sony, HP, and Microsoft. These discs can be written to in multiple layers, giving them slightly better and more disc storage than the “minus“ format. Because of this additional capacity, they are slightly more expensive than “minus“ discs.