1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why so many of the same kind?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PK44, Oct 13, 2004.

1. PK44

PK44 Member

I'm a little confused. I have been burning successfully and love this program, but if I want better picture quality I need to sacrifice some of these. Why so many that look so similar?

[​IMG]

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

If your asking why so many audio files, the meuns will have a number of different files. The same for the main movie and extras. If you click on the Main Movie folder, then the audio will just show the streams for that folder. You see the one 5.1-ch English, this is the main movie sound and the only one I keep if compression is too high. I think even if you do not have 5.1, it will still play in 2-ch. As for the extras, click on extras, then go to the video drop down menu and select the still image option. This will save a lot of space. The menus I like to keep (even with no sound), so I use the custom compression and move the silder to not more than 50% (personal chioce). The audio streams for the extras I uncheck all. Of course you can do the same for each individual file, just keep expanding the DVD Structure folders. I just try and keep the main movie compression as small as can be.
    Or you can click on re-author to cut and choose as you please. Get a few RW discs and expeirment. Hope I answered your question.

3. PK44

PK44 Member

yes, very helpful. I figured I would take the capture with the main folder selected and I understand that each section has it's own. I will try with RW disks because I would like to see if 2 channel works with 5.1 only selected, that's a biggie for me. Everything else makes sense and I appreciate your reply.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

PK44, actually I just did this movie and using the new quality settins and AEC on max smoothness It came out wonderfully.

I only deleted foreign audio tracks and previews from extras and that was it, other than raising compression on the remaining extras.

Hope this helps. :>)

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I have done a few movies without cutting much and had great results. It just takes more time for encoding. I always opt for the deep analysis too. Either way Shrink is great!