1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why So Slow!!!???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mt_talha, May 8, 2007.

1. mt_talha

mt_talha Member

Hello Everyone!
    I just bought a Xbox 360 Network Adaptor. I played online using it, but its so damn slow. I start playing and it lags. I get choppy stuff. I start running and then a second later, I experience that my character has moved five passes without me even knowing. When I try to see my network setting in the setting menu, I only get 1 bar with wireless adaptor out of 4. The most I can get is 2 out of 4. My wireless router is upstairs in one corner of the house and the xbox is downstairs at the other corner of the house. This is not good stuff. I was wondering if I could make my xbox live faster somehow. Do something with the router to make it run faster or something. My router is D-Link DI-524. Can someone please help me!!??
    Thanks in advance.

2. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

check for magnets.. check for surrounding electrical devices possible blocking perfomance on your wireless network

there's alot of things you can do.. mess with the antenna's.
    i think relocating your router would work very well

3. mt_talha

mt_talha Member

I have another computer which is connected to the same router but wirelessly. Its two rooms away, but when you close the doors, you can hardly get a signal. Anyways, when you say relocate it, do you mean like placing the router someone where else?

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

yes thats exactly what he means, i know they sell those antenna's now to extend the signal even further maybe that can help. it is too bad the 360 wireless adapter doesn't support "N".