1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why some movies won't copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tommyjit, Jan 17, 2007.

1. tommyjit

tommyjit Guest

I have no trouble burning some movies I bought but others give me errors right away. Is there another program I need to use first in these cases or is there another program that will allow me to copy all my movies. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

The rented copies are not to be burnt... you are only supposed to be backing up movies that you own. Shrink knows this and randomly refuses to backup a certain percentage of movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  3. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Would suggest you re-word your post as talk of copying rentals is considered pirating and not allowed here. Shrink actually hasnot been updated for awhile and cannot handle the newer dvd protections therefore it will not copy certain dvd titles (i.e. sony, disney) are two companies 'notorious' for protection.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no talking about copying rentals as you'll have to deal with me or other mods. understand?

5. tommyjit

tommyjit Guest

Sorry, didn't realize. I changed my post. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  6. onya

onya Guest

I didn't see your post before it seems that you HAD TO EDIT. Please repost the Software that you use to back up YOUR dvd's, and I'm sure we can help out if Moderators have no objection. Hope no one minds me jumping in to help out?

Cheers.

7. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

Part 1 of this reply = True
    Part 2 = False.

DVD Shrink has in fact absolutely no means of making a distinction between DVDs on the Blockbuster Rental Shelves or the Sales shelves.

Actually, the films in Blockbuster for sale are the same films that are on the wall for rental. I have purchased (And backed up) films I have bought from BB, I back up everything I buy, regardless of if I buy it at Sears, Blockbuster, or the Pawn Shop down the street. If I rent it and I like it I buy it later.

Someone else correctly stated that the newer films have protection schemes that are harder for Shrink to beat: THIS is the case, and this statement we will accept.

Shrink is just part of the toolbox we use to enforce our right to make backups of the Films/Books/CD's/Cassette Tapes/Vinyl 45's and even 8-Track Tapes and Reel-to-Reel Tapes we own. There are other tools that are used, each for a different purpose: Some of these are computer programs and others are physical devices, but they all do the same thing: They make duplicates. The better the device or program, the better the duplicate. DVD Shrink I am happy to say is among the better "devices" - Compared to programs like the now defunct DVD "Ecch" Copy. But it is not the end-all of DVD backup technology.

One thing that is not true is that Shrink has not been changed for years: In fact, there are versions of Shrink that have had the "DVD Shrink 3.2.exe" file altered to allow IMGburn to be chosen rather than DVD Decrypter: Although this is a good idea, The executable in this version of DVD shrink has been changed so that it no longer removes Macrovision Protection: But that is not the problem that makes these versions ineffective: The front end that "checks" the DVD - The first thing that runs after you choose a DVD in the DVD drive or a DVD ISO Image on your hard drive, it runs a check on the whole DVD- This part of the program has been altered in this new "IMGburn" version and most DVD's- Even those with no Macrovision- will shut down this altered version of DVD Shrink. The way to find out if your version of Shrink has been altered, is to look at the PREFERENCES interface:

[​IMG]
    DVD-Shrink program has MACROVISION REMOVAL: If this is missing,
    you have the altered version of Shrink, go get the real version.

I say, avoid these versions of Shrink and only use the actual program. That version can be downloaded from the website where you can download Ripit4me, along with some other tools. And make sure that you only use it on your store bought DVD's

Maybe there is some tacit rule that DVD's and CD's and VHS tapes and Beta tapes and Vinyl Records that have been bought at garage sales and swap meets and pawn shops and used from blockbuster should not be copied: I say who made that rule and to blazes with it, you bought it, you own it and you can back it up for safety.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  8. res2cue

res2cue Guest

wow really? Thanks! <<<Sarcasm>>> Thought I better point it out this time...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  9. jamzchaos

jamzchaos Guest

WELL MY FRIEND I CAN HELP YOU...JUST SIMPLY DOWNLOAD Ripit4Me....and you can now download those new release movies from blockbuster or any dvd rentals....but you have todownload(dvdshrink,dvddecrypter and fixVTS) or if you dont believe me just go in this homepage and youll see what i mean...(http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html) and you will thnk me later!!!