1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why swap when you can mod?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by thewaksta, Sep 15, 2004.

1. thewaksta

thewaksta Member

There are so many questions about magicswap, hdloaders, swap disks and all the other stuff Ive never heard of. I have a V5 PS2 which I bought about 2.5 years ago. I had it moddified with a chip that needed an AR2 in order to play backups. About 2 months ago I had a messiah chip put in because all the swapping was really annoying me. I have never burnt a game that didnt work or had any of the problems Im always reading about in this forum. My question is:
    Why do people go through all this swapping hassle when for about 70 bucks you can have a chip installed and play everything?

2. teedo757

teedo757 Member

Well for starters you dont need any technical soldering skills to use it and you dont need to risk breaking your ps2. I got one for my brother-in-law and it was the simplest thing I have ever done. Its a great mod with a low cost and risk.

3. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

but to install modchip is very easy i install my by myself and i got right on the first time and i'm only 16 years old now i install chips to other people its very easy

4. teedo757

teedo757 Member

Yes and I have installed them also but not everyone wants to risk $150 playstation to mod their playstation and void there warrenty just to play backups. Especially when you can do it without the risk.

5. Kaido

Kaido Member

duo mini $15.00 wires to install 8, gaming experiance agined ? priceless

6. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

where can i find the mini duo

7. Kaido

Kaido Member

8. Xian

Xian Regular member

Another reason to swap instead of mod is if you want to play online. You can play online using swap methods if your image is patched with the correct DNAS id, but if you are using a modchip it will not pass authentication.

9. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

You can play online with a mod chip, my buddy put one is his ps2 and he just puts in the backup and can play online.