1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why two 'main movies'

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by djgonzo, Feb 26, 2005.

1. djgonzo

djgonzo Member

There are times that when i use dvd-shrink, and use re-author, it shows two main movies. I usually like to skip the extras and menus, etc., but when I am faced with two main movies I don't know what to do, so I just back up the whole disk. My question is why is there two main movies and what should I do when I am faced with this issue, if i only want the movie with no extras.

Thank You in advance for any help.....

2. movies27

movies27 Regular member

It's usually the 1st movie..besides shrink lets you preview the movie as it's doing it so you can always cancel if it's not the right one.

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

two main movies can be one of two things.
    1) widescreen and full screen versions
    2) theatrical and extended versions

You can use the previewer to decide which one you want. Usually it's a matter of drag and drop the one you want into the window. Although there have been cases where #2 has caused issues because they are not two fully separate versions, but actually multiplexed together.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Well done zippyd, took the words right out of my mouth.

5. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

*Bows*
    thanks... ;)

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You will also see extra files in the main movie folder if there are diferent angles to the movie(I've seen as many as 6). The thing is [bold]sometimes[/bold] the extra files aren't labeled as angle files. There are also times where a documentary will also be in this folder instead of the extras folder(Bambi being the latest example).

Like zippyd suggested, you can always preview them to see. In the case of files that look exactly alike in file size and in the preview, you can tell if the extra files are the different angles by previewing the first file and without stopping anything click on the next file. If it continues to play without starting over, it is an angle file. If this is the case, you would only need to backup the first file.

Hope I didn't confuse the shit out of you.