1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why use Decrypter then DVD Shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by madmunki, Jun 16, 2004.

1. madmunki

madmunki Member

I downloaded DVD Shrink and found it does everything I need it to (Rip, crunch & Burn). As a matter of fact, I'm going to donate to them after this message. Anyways, I have read a couple of ripping posts and people like to use Decrypter then DVD Shrink and another tool for burning.... Why? DVD Shrink does them all, why use additional tools? I have just started copying DVD's so I haven't had to face many CP's (Copy Protector's). I've ripped and burned Monster, Office Space, and Swimming Pool (for the wife) and they worked perfect with only DVD Shrink. Perhaps you Decrypt the video so you can DVD Disc-to-Disc copy later?

TIA for any replys!

Keith

P.S. Kick ass forum! This site is a little pot-o-gold.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The reason for ripping with Decrypter is that sometimes Shrink can't break the encryption on a disc. There are other ways to take care of this like playing the movie for a few seconds in a software DVD player but some people figure it's easier to use Decrypter every time. Personally I always rip movies as soon as they get in my house, but don't actually do anything with them until later.

As far as burning goes, Shrink doesn't burn discs. It just passes instructions to either Nero or Decrypter. I don't use either program so that doesn't do me any good.

3. madmunki

madmunki Member

Ahh, I have Nero, didn't realize it was poping up to burn the disc. :)