1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why use DVD Shrink + DVD Decrypter?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Webwolf11, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Webwolf11

Webwolf11 Member

I was wondering why so many people use dvd shrink + decrypter. Is it bebauce dvd shrink won't decrypt css? If so, how do I know which movies have css encryption?

I've been using DVD shrink + nero for a long time with many successful copies, but sometimes some of the copies will stop working or they won't play on certain players even if I use minimum burn speed. Is that something to do with css?

Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

DVD Decrypter comes in handy because every so often there's a disc that Shrink will have trouble decrypting. That's where Decrypter comes in handy although DVD43 seems to give Shrink the bit of help it needs too.

There are also those who don't have any sort of standalone burning software so they use Decrypter's ability to burn ISO's.

I personally use Decrypter for DVD-5's that don't need compression as well as to use with DVD Stripper.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I don't use Shrink much anymore, but when I used it regularly I still ripped with Decrypter because it would rip to an ISO and at the time Shrink couldn't. It's still valuable both for movies Shrink has problems decrypting and discs with bad areas since it can skip past them.