1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why want this digital camera work as a web cam

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by dickeyjay, Jul 5, 2005.

1. dickeyjay

dickeyjay Regular member

I use my kodak DX4530 as a web cam sometimes. I told this to my friend and he bought a Vivitar 5385 and its a 5pixel also. It want work as a web cam. I tried a couple of things and one software I tried to use had a feature call video capture, well it did not reconize the camera and said the camera must not have Directshow...............Well I guess thats what my problem is. I am not sure, so I am hoping to learn a little something here. His camera came with a Ulead software and a few drivers. He has no problem downloading the pictures and videos but can't web cam. I use the software that came with my first old web cam, Video Live mail. I usually just hit start webcam on Yahoo. But I know their are somethings in the mix here that I don't know about. He is going to return the camera back but before he does I think we should know what to look for, are the same thing may happen. Its great to have a 5pixel Webcam

2. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Hi,
    I have a Fujifilm Finepix s3500 which i use as a webcam all the time but i noticed on the box it says it only works if service pack one for windows is installed. That may have something to do with it.

3. dickeyjay

dickeyjay Regular member

Thanks but I'm a real goof ball. It was the Kodak EZ200 that I was using. So the Thread was a foulup. Please for give me. But thanks about the info. on that Fuji. peace