1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why why why sometimes i think it would just be easier

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mahenry, Jan 8, 2003.

1. mahenry

mahenry Member

have a version four playstation 2 installed the modchip and played my copied dvd movies fine. then went to play tekken 4 which is a copy and it says please insert original disk. what did i do wrong could it be that i burned tekken 4 on the fly. i dont think so because i have a pentium 4 with 512ddr and a 80 gig hard drive. i used nero to copy on the fly. the media i used was legacy. this media worked fine when a played the movie but not tekken 4. i used 700mb memorex for contra cuz it was cd-r format. you know the ones which are all black on the read side. now this game almost loads but gets stuck on the start up. now i know it cannot be the chip because if it was the movie would not play. so it is either that i should not have copied on the fly, or the media for tekken for the legacy media is ok to use with dvd movies in playstation 2 but not with playstation 2 games. or tekken four cannot be copied or as forthe contra the memorex media was the wrong type . please help with any suggestions, thanks

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look, DVD copied movies also play without a chip, so it can be the chip !
    You never said what modchip you have ?

Btw I burn my DVD copies on the fly with Nero 5.5.9.17 (also P4 512Mb 80Gb) and they all work fine ! so this can't be the prob.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  3. mahenry

mahenry Member

i have a magic 3 universal no swap mod chip for ps2 which i got from www.gamegizmo.com. now it cannot be the chip because the dvd movie will not boot up unless i use the boot up instructions that came with the chip. however when i follow the boot up instructions the dvd movie boots up fine but the ps2 games will not please help

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Did you solder it yourself, because something must be wrong...!
    Magic3 is direct boot so I guess like the messiah you only press Reset once.

5. mahenry

mahenry Member

is it possible that something could have been wired wrong even though the dvd movie loaded. is there a seperate boot section for the movie, dvd based ps2 games and cd-r games

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member