1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why wont 8x dvd+r work in my burner? I've upgraded the firmware, what now?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Stry-Ker, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

I went to HPs website and updated with their latest firmware which is supposed to make my 2.4x drive compatible with 8x media. Every time i go to burn ANYTHING with this new discs it says incompatible format. All i see in stores now is the 8x media as well.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Time to buy a new drive. ;-)

Ok what type of media are you using and was is the make and model of your drive?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  3. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

hp dvd writer 200i

The media i am using is memorex dvd+r 8x.
    I have NEVER had a problem with memorex till now with the 8x discs. That spped is all i can find anywhere without going online to order 4x or lower.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

AHHHHH!!!! Not Memorex!!

Ok this is more than likely your problem, try a different brand of media. If you must buy at the store then look for Maxell, or Verbatims they are pretty good media.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

ok but why would 8x not work and 4x will, perfectly?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Does them Memorex say on them 1x - 2x - 4x - 8x?
    Most media will say on the package what they will bur at some will only burn 4x & x8 every disk is different.

Just search around on this forum about Memorex disks if you dont believe me. People have switched from using them and PRESTO! all there problems go away..

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

8x is what it says. I have upgraded the frimware as it said on the packeage, which is the same thing i did when 4x started coming around. I never said i didnt believe you about memorex quality. I am just saying i have never had a problem with them I seen best buy had tdk 8x on sale, but again im afraid its more than the media. I was looking at going tonight to pick up the hp 630i from walmart for 90. That way i can be back up and running tonight. I was just hoping for an easier fix.