1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why wont my Action replay work on my PS2 Help!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Byrdstock, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Byrdstock

Byrdstock Member

ok i was woundering if anybody can tell me y my action replay max will not work on my ps2 i dont know the version of my ps2 and all i no is that when i put it in a message pops up saying please enter a ps2 formatted disc and i i also bought the action replay max about 1 year ago and it work on my old ps2 which was the bigger one so can anybody help thanks. =)

2. k9gmilly

k9gmilly Member

its a back up right, do you have a mod chip, swamp magic, or hdd, something that'll help an original playstation play backups.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if it were a back up it would not work on any unmodded PS2, including his older model.

I have both a fat PS2 (V7) and a slimline (V12) and both will play my AR Max disc fine. Are you using the CD disc or the DVD disc?
    Some PS2 models do have problems loading the CD discs or even reading the silver bottom discs properly.

4. Byrdstock

Byrdstock Member

the back of the dics is purple and i dont really know much about the moding stuff

5. zubair92

zubair92 Guest

its probably cos u r using a diferent version of the game than the one with cheats go to codejunkies.com to find cheats

6. Byrdstock

Byrdstock Member

but i go to codejunkies to get cheats for it

7. Weasrock

Weasrock Regular member

Hey Steimy,

When I go to add a cheat, it stays in green and doesn't allow it to go into a folder to be checked or "activated." What do I do now?

8. bhee

bhee Regular member

hey mate if you use the vesion that uses a memory(you get it with )and you need the memory card to load action replay max it does'nt work on the slim line i found out when i went to someone i know with a slimeline and i tryed to load it and it did'nt work then i tryed it with my fat ps2 and it worked

9. Byrdstock

Byrdstock Member

ok thanks but do you know how to make it work

10. bhee

bhee Regular member

the only way that i know of is getting the new action replay max what does not use a memory card or getting the orignal chunky ps2 so i think you should just get the new version its only about £12.99($25.98) hope that helps