1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why wont my backup work!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by door, Jan 14, 2005.

1. door

door Member

i backed up need for speed underground 2 today using dvd decryptor i burnt at 1x using datawrite yellow v2 media
    i have a v7 ps2 and swap magic v3.3 my backup wouldnt load i tried the special boot function it still did not work why? this is the first game i have tried to backup

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I also have a version 7 PS2 and I also tried to backup one of my games using the very same datawrite DVDs and they never worked, I went and got some Verbatim DVDs and my backups work fine

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  3. johnim

johnim Guest

hi i use yellow datawrite v2 4x and 8x in a pioneer 108 and i have done 50+ games and have only had 1 game not work and that was xiii

4. johnim

johnim Guest

also im using nero 6.6

5. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Ah, I never knew about the 50 games, what game is it? Also have you tried Alcohol 120%?

6. vonoven

vonoven Member

This might sound dumb, but you are using the Swap Magic DVD and not the CD one, right? It happened to me one time and I felt some newbish!

7. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

also you never mentioned a flip top. You must load the swapDVD, open the flip top and put the game copy in (can't use the eject, then the ps2 resets), hit x on the controller. Then the game will load fine.

you do have a flip top case right? and you are using the swapmagicdvd not cd right?

Atom

8. door

door Member

i use the knife swap trick to boot the backups

9. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

load the swapdvd, then use the knife trick and swap in your copy. then release the knife and hit x. If the ps2 says that there is not a valid ps2 disc then you are probably still letting the ps2 know the tray was opened. What error are you receiving?

Atom