1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why wont my dvd's play? (dvd+r)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hicks316, Dec 30, 2004.

1. hicks316

hicks316 Member

ok, heres my problem, i have a family guy disk, it was originally a img. file, i used alcohol to burn that file it played in one dvd player but none of my others.so I then changed the format to a mds,Mdf file , burned em still wont play, but will play in my cpu. the burner i have is the sony drx-710ul? i have noticed that no region is set on my hardware for the dvds... do i need to set that?also (sorry for rambling on) when i insert a blank dvd (ridata 8x dvd+r)into the drive it says CD DRIVE on the my computer device sreen, when I eject it changes to DVD RW drive...help please..sorry if this has been posted before...

2. hicks316

hicks316 Member

i think i might have figured it out..possibly the fact that its a dvd+r? (yea i just read the faq sorry)

3. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Most likely you will continue to have problems off and on due to the fact that you're using older players. The new $39.99 ones will play anything.

Stay with 2.4X and 4X -R media and you'll do better - stay away from any 8X media as your players won't be able to see them.

Good luck,

Pete

5. hicks316

hicks316 Member

thanks for all your help, HAPPY NEW YEAR