1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't my xbox play dvd+r movies?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wings177, Feb 23, 2005.

1. wings177

wings177 Member

Why will my friends xbox play a dvd+r burnt movie and my xbox says the disc is not a dvd or is scratched? Would a dvd-r work better? It was memorex dvd+r media, what can I do? Im also using dvd decryptor and DVD Shrink to make them. I tried a DVD+ that was burned with dvdxcopy xpress and it worked fine. What can i do? I want to be able to play the dvd decryptor movies. The xbox also has a mod chip if that matters, but i play the movie with the chip off.

2. billwebso

billwebso Guest

It is probably the memorex media. Memorex is horrible media you never know what you are going to get from disc to disc or sector to sector for that matter. Back-up the movie again with different media and see how that works.

3. wings177

wings177 Member

Would you suggest using dvd-r? or just different dvd+r media

4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

+R and -R works fine in my xbox. I suggest a visit to manufactor website of burner and go with the media they recommend becouse they have tested it, If you can't find that information use Verbatum or Tiyo Yuden media. Burn at 4X you will have less errors on disk(generally speaking).When I burned some media at 12X and 16X my xbox would not reconize it. Apex plays everything. Slowed my burns down to 6X with MCC003 Verbatum media the burn quality looks better in nero disk quality test than 4X burns these play fine in xbox. Also one other thought if the disk plays in your friends xbox it should play in yours but remember there are about 5 or 6 diffrent generations of xbox consols, Just a guess you could have 2 diffrent generations of xboxes. Maybe diffrent laser in one or the other. Im sure you know about the diffrent generations if your running mod chip. Just curious did you go with the soilderless mod chip? I was wondering how that works out.

good Luck

Spacedust