1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't Nero burn my PS2 games?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Glickert, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Glickert

Glickert Member

So I have a Pioneer A104 DVD Burner. It seems to work fine, but for some reason I can't burn anything on it with Nero. I can burn just fine, just can't read what I just burnt ANYWHERE! I have this feeling that I'm missing something, maybe a box somewhere in Nero's settings but I can't find it. I try to back-up my PS2 games, but when I burn them, they can't be read on anything, not another computer, and certainly not with my Mod-chiped PS2. Can someone help?! (oh I have the most recent Nero and Win2000 if that helps!) Thanks!

2. jr_

jr_ Guest

Don't forget to start with the most obvious. Use another piece of software to test your CD burner and see if it is working.
    Since most PC problems are software you can get in the habit of assuming the hardware is OK.

I think I had a simular problem with Nero. I slowed the write speed down.
    Does Nero fail when you do a verify?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2002
  3. Glickert

Glickert Member

no, it doesn't fail at all. Everything seems always to run okay. What other software is good to use to burn PS2 games, I mean, what do most Afterdawner's use?

4. jr_

jr_ Guest

Download Alcohol 120%.
    You have Nero set to verify and it claims that the disk is ok. Nero can read the contents but the PS2 can't and other PC's can't or if you have a seperate DVD player in your PC it can't ?

Does Nero support your drive? I have a Sony DRU-120A. Nero does not support it and I can't use Nero with it. Alcohol does not work either. I think they don't know it's a +r type. Fortunately for me the software that came with it (B's Gold) works great for PS2 games so it's not an issue for me.

5. Glickert

Glickert Member

Well its not just DVDs, its CD's too. When i burn a CD it can only be read in my DVD burner. So thats why I think its an issue with Nero. i can't seem to find why it won't read anywhere else thou...

6. jr_

jr_ Guest

Oh! Sounds like maybe a head alignment issue. If it can read what it burns but nothing else can.

7. Glickert

Glickert Member

So does that mean its busted? Is that a setting I can change? Do I need to get a new DVD burner? Is that Nero, or the DVD-r?

8. jr_

jr_ Guest

Well it certainly sounds like the DVD. If you can read the contents of the disk while it is in the drive that burned it but not anywhere else I can't think of anything else it could be. Sounds like the head alignment is off. Not something a user can fix.

9. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Mayby you should try (after deleting first) to install Nero (newest version) 5.5.10.0.
    If there was a conflict it has to work OK now.

Good luck...

10. bengo_uk

bengo_uk Member

Have you made sure that you;ve selected the finalize CD option, without this the burn you made will only work on the writer and when the finalize option is selected it will work on all compatable players (including the pS2!!) hope this helps

11. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

it may be the media you are using, i backup my ps2 games with my ao4 + nero with no probs....

12. nugz77

nugz77 Member

wizkid,

do you know where there is a step by step guide to burn dvd-based ps2 games using nero?

13. nugz77

nugz77 Member

wizkid,

I go into nero and close the wizard, then the new compilation screen comes up, from this point I click dvd copy and choose the copy options where I see a checkmark by "on the fly". Is there any thing special I need to click under the image and burn tab? Another thing under the burn tab it puts my write speed at 2.4x which is the max for my burner, is there anyway to change this to make it burn slower. Is this all I need to do to burn my dvd ps-2 games, if so seems easy, please verify I am correct. Thanks

14. stehl

stehl Guest

are you closing the burn?

15. nugz77

nugz77 Member

i am asking to find out before i burn anything.

16. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

To nugz77:
    Sorry .. i had no time yet to answer your question..
    There is no (I don't need it) step by step guide for burning DVD games with Nero.
    You don't need it to.
    I didn't change any settings (after download) and don't copy an image first. I allways copy on the fly. I have Nero 5.5.9.17.
    My writing speed is als 2.4x (can't change that)

What kind of modchip do you have ?
    It seems your burns are correct !

17. nugz77

nugz77 Member

I have the magic 3 chip, but it is still getting installed, I just wanted to get a headstart on how to burn these games. The magic 3 chip says it only supports dvd -r in the advertisement but people on here have said that it will also support dvd +r. So what I said I was doing above is correct, going to dvd copy is the only place I see where I can check burn on the fly.

18. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

It says DVD-r , but what they really mean is DVD backups.
    I have messiah and all over the internet they talk about DVD-r also when it comes to Messiah.
    I copy my games to DVD+r and even +rw and with the Messiah I can boot both the disks.

So don't worry !

19. nugz77

nugz77 Member

So am I correct on how I will copy my dvd based games using nero, do I close the wizard and go to dvd copy as that is the only place I see to copy on the fly?

20. jur

jur Guest

only the newest version 7 ps2 supports dvd+r all the others use the dvd-r. if you rip the games into .gi files you can easy burn them with primo dvd.