1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't Nero read open session CD-R's created withRoxio Easy Media Creator?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by WolfmanSL, Sep 30, 2004.

1. WolfmanSL

WolfmanSL Guest

I used to use Roxio's Easy Media Creator, at least until I tried Nero 6... So I uninstalled Roxio and installed Nero 6. But now I have a bunch of CD-R's that I left open-session with Easy Media Creator and Nero won't read them. I've read that having both Roxio and Nero installed can cause problems, and I really don't want to install Roxio again. Is there any way that I can get the information off of my CD-R's?

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If you used the DirectCD or Drag-To-Disc software from Roxio to create the discs, then there is nothing Nero can do.

If you did use the Easy Media Creator software, then you can place the disc in your Recorder, launch Nero and go to 'Disc Info' and if the disc has an open session, you will get two buttons to show up in the bottom left of the window. They will be labeled: 'Close Session' and 'Close Disc'. Use Close Session if you want to be able to read the disc, and yet be able to write to the disc again to add more data. Use Close Disc if you just wish to read the disc and do not wish to write any more data to the disc in the future.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. WolfmanSL

WolfmanSL Guest

Thanks for your help ccampbell, but now I have another problem... I opened Nero Burning ROM and clicked on Disk Information and it showed my disk with the following info...
    CD-ROM
    Session is open
    Track 01: 0:02.00 0:04.62(2MB), Data(Mode 1)

I clicked on both buttons and got the error message "Session fixation error". Is there anything I can do? I've got a lot of disk's with some important information on them, and I can't afford to just give up.

Thank you for any and all help!

4. WolfmanSL

WolfmanSL Guest

Also, I tried re-installing Roxio and I couldn't get my computer to boot at all! I had to do a system restore to get back up and running.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2004
  5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

You need to make sure you do not have our InCD 4.3.03 or earlier versions on your system if you are going to install Roxio software, due to how Roxio is currently loading their UDF reader.

If you have our InCD 4.3.0.5 installed, this will not occur. Meaning the BlueScreen when you try and boot after install.

The only other option we have in our Nero software is the Save Track feature, where you can extract a session from a CD to NRG image, format, and then use Nero to burn back to Disc, or use Nero ImageDrive to mount the NRG image file and extract the data to your Hard Drive.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

6. WolfmanSL

WolfmanSL Guest

That worked on some of my CD's! At least I was able to get some information off of them. A friend suggested that I partition my HD and set up Windows with Roxio on the other partition and then use Roxio to rip or close the CD's. I might give that a try too since I have a 220 GB HD. I'm definatly happy with Nero, so Roxio will be around only long enough to fix my CD-R's.
    Thanks for all the help ccampbell!!!

Respectfully,

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2004