1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't people just get AnyDvd?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by taylor30, Sep 1, 2006.

1. gus738

gus738 Guest

Dunker : dont think bad but wtf??? is all can say man i'v purchase everywhere alot and no crap ads of any such , credit score counldnt be better 4 me and look no ads... so im consdiering this as a lame / dumb excuse to not buy or to get attetion....

again no war just my 2 cents

as for anydvd and clonedvd2 ? i care about time time is money i care about quality , like the guy said , you get what you pay for , but i acutally think this software is not alot of cash compard to what it does .... i have not found a better software in my life , i being a dvd /home theater entuasiastic i own over 1 thousand original dvds and i always want to back them up , i'v searched high and low for best programs...

clonedvd2 is a fine program could have improvements but dvd backups are fine , why waste time thro some more prosecures on softwares whn you can just pop disc on tray run clonedvd2 3 clicks and voila all done , anyone know a better program/s then anydvd clonedvd2? i used 2 be dvd x copy ( 321 studios) customer ,,...

2. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

i tried anydvd...still have it...the only objection i had with it was...i don't want the slyfox in my system tray...i don't need it to be taking up memory..when i want to copy something, i can easily click on a shortcut and activate the program...i don't need it to always be ready to decode anything I pop into my dvd tray.

3. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

@Headborg,
    Uncheck Autostart in settings. AnyDVD can be enabled only when needed. I have done this since day 1. Memory usage for AnyDVD? Negligible. When enabled it uses about 6 megabytes of memory. After you are done using it, simply right click on the Red Fox, uncheck enable AnyDVD, the Fox turns grey, right click and exit AnyDVD.
    The Fox is gone & AnyDVD is not running at all. Enable when needed, disable & exit when not.
    And for anyone interested, go to Slysoft's Website & see how many updates AnyDVD has had. I used to be a "321" user too. Never got the 1st update. Slysoft stays on top of it with updates!
    I will never regret the $$$ I paid for AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2! They are truly woth every penny I paid & more!!!
    Slysoft, Thank You!
    Edit for a P.S.
    I really don't know why some people will not spend the small amount of $ to buy AnyDVD. To be honest, I don't really care. I did, and would all over again. [bold] It's a Free World, if you don't want something, don't buy it. Period.[/bold]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  4. gus738

gus738 Guest

i couldn't agree more then what bunnyrip said ,

5. SueSee

SueSee Guest

Just my two Cents...when anyone asks me how to back up, I tell them to get DVDshrink, DVDdecryptor, and AnyDVD. I tell them that the only one they HAVE to buy is AnyDVD, and that it's worth the price, simply because it's the ONLY one that upgrades. In my opinion, it is a necessary piece of the puzzle. If I have a movie that won't back up with these, I use Recode, which is very seldom, but I've never failed with these four programs.

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

gus738, what I'm saying is wanting to believe such info isn't available to marketers doesn't make it so, and that Slysoft stands out like a sore thumb because of the business they're engaged in. I don't dislike Slysoft - I think they're friggin heroes for helping consumers from being ass-raped by the entertainment industry. And if I had kids who were constantly trashing my DVDs, I might even consider backing up my collection (though frankly my collection isn't big enough justify the purchase of AD).

But, that said, if Slysoft was more considerate of their customers, they'd provide less-intrusive payment options, or at least provide recommendations to help their customers protect their privacy e.g. recommending the use of disposable credit cards.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  7. janann

janann Member

I have to LOL to this. I have ANYDVD (full updated version) and it is not working burning Inside Man. I am ready to scream. I tried DVDFabDecrypter and VOB Blanker with Shrink and none of them work. I am trying CloneDVD2 and ANYDVD before I decide to throw this disc out the window.

8. gus738

gus738 Guest

pm me n i'll help yea , i did inside man like taking candy from a baby, oh and the back up thro clonedvd2 with menus and all look cherry

9. oneacer

oneacer Regular member

I did Inside Man with DVDFab Decrypter & Shrink.

10. SueSee

SueSee Guest

I did Inside Man with DVDdecrypter, AnyDVD, and Recode. It's a snap.

11. Samj99

Samj99 Member

hello,
    I have been using the original DVD X Copy (Platinum upgrade) since 2002 with great success, until...Walt D's 8 Below. I tired everything listed on the forums and nothing worked until I used AnyDVD. Somehow I got DVD xCopy to work in the simple mode (main movie only) with ANYDVD running in the backround and I was able to backup my movie. BTW, none of the other programs (including upgraded Nero) would backup even with ANYDVD running.
    Now my problem, DVD X Copy is not working again, and I NEED to back up my new movies. I am going to purchase ANYDVD and thinking of trying CloneDVD2- any suggestions graciously accepted.
    I want a program that will copy the main movie only with the same high quality I got with DVD X Copy...I could not figure out shrink...newbie here!!!
    Thanks so much,
    Samantha

12. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Well Samj99,
    As a former Xcopy user(Till AnyDVD & CloneDVD)I can tell you that CloneDVD 2 [bold]will do main movie only with even better results than Xcopy[/bold].There is a guide here in the guides section for CloneDVD 2. It's an amazing software! Be sure you have AnyDVD running before you insert your movie. Use the copy dvd titles mode. you want to get the "quality meter" as close to 100% as you can.
    CloneDVD 2 is very easy to learn & use. I won't use anything else.
    If you have any issues with using these, it will be wise to completely uniinstall Xcopy.
    There are known conflicts with AnyDVD & Xcopy.
    Try CloneDVD 2, I am sure you'll Love it Samantha!
    The quality is the best I have seen, I think in a lot of cases it is better than the original! [bold]Be sure & use high quality media![/bold] An burn at 1/2 the media rated speed or 4x for best results.
    Welcome to AfterDawn Samantha! :)

13. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Thank you so much,
    I have been afraid to uninstall DVD X Copy, but it sounds like ANYDVD and CloneDVD2 may be better!
    DVD X Copy was so easy to use and all these other "freeware" programs had me so frustrated.....
    Thanks again!
    Samantha

14. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Samantha,
    Trust me, AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2 combo will most definitely prove themselves to be way better than Xcopy. They stay updated, produce Very High Quality results,are asy to use, and have a small resource usage on your system. I'll tell you this: Since I have started using these 2,
    I never use anything else. Not only that, I have yet to see any movie I can not back up. Not 1.

15. Samj99

Samj99 Member

forgot to ask....with DVD X Copy I do NOT save to my hard drive, I just record the main movie from my DVD(E:)drive to my DVD+R (F:)drive

Will CloneDVD2 allow me to do this, or will I have to save it to a file first? Reading the guide it seems I have to save it to my hard drive and then bring it up to backup.
    Thanks,
    Sam

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

DVDXcopy saves your file temporarily to you HDD and then it deletes it upon exit. CloneDVD will do the same thing if you choose that option, it will also save it to your HDD if you want to burn it later.

17. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Thank you for the info. BTW, is there a big difference between clonedvd and clonedvd2 ? would you advise one over the other?
    thanks again,
    Samantha

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

19. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  20. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Thanks
    Sj99