1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would DVDShrink stop encoding?.....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jomarrod, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

There was a time when all was perfect with shrink+Decrypter (not anymore - for me anyway). If I choose to copy the files to my HD with Shrink, What are the reasons why DVD SHRINK would lock up my PC and stop encoding?.....

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's hard to say without more specific information but it might be a heat issue if one or more of your fans has quit working or become clogged.

Is it only with Shrink? Do you use any other encoding apps and if so does the problem occur with them as well?

3. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

Well, so far it is with shrink 'cause the DVD's are over 4.7 GB. For some freaking reason I do not know, it just freezes up in the middle of the action and I have to reboot and start again.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's sounding even more like a heat issue so as a test try running a film through Shrink that requires no compression. Then try using the trial version of CloneDVD2 on a film that does require compression. If Shrink breezes through with no encoding and CloneDVD2 locks up during encoding we most likely need to look at better cooling.

Encoding puts a very heavy load on your processor which in turn generates alot of heat so if your cooling isn't adequate to deal with that much heat you'll often times experience freezes and reboots.

5. reflexusa

reflexusa Member

i usually set the house-fan blowing towards my box to help try to keep it cool, being that the time it takes to shrink it down on my overclocked p3 chip. i have noticed that when it goes to burn the disc using the nero tool that it sometimes doesnt finish, but the disc iswatchable for the core content. its done it to i,robot, the bourne supremacy, door in the floor and spiderman2, of my recent recollection