1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHY?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cumbuckit, Feb 16, 2005.

1. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

WHY? why couldn't i do it??? i've wasted more than 15 DVD's already trying out all differnet methods! so why isn't it working? i've brought 2 games burnout3 and MK deception, both games have dnas (disc id) on them.... so i was smart enough not to just rip and burn but to patch the .iso with the original id's taken with discid utility..... i have patch the game with both methods mentioned in this forum (which is using discidinsertor and also tried imagepatcher) but neither methods work!!! i've tried using A120% and also DVD Decrypter, i've tried everything to my knowledge!!! so could anyone help me out here? i dun need to play online, i just want a working copy..... thats all...... is it true that AR2V2 cannot play backup games with DNAS on them??? coz all other backup games that dosen't have DNAS r fine for me.......

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you don't plan on playing the game online, then you don't need to patch the dnas id into the .iso file. Just read and write with dvd decrpyter as you would normally do and it will run. (minus the ability to play online)

3. fsfd1

fsfd1 Member

dvd decrypter is the best tool for burning ps2 games it is so easy and reliable

4. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

I agree with fsfd.....and I think ive already tried many of them

5. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

draculaAC, r u sure about this? coz i HAVE tried straight ripping and burning the 2 games i mentioned and few others e.g. FIFA05, KILLZONE, COLIN MCRAE 05 ect ect...that r netplay compatible, but they all don't load!(thats the "more than 15 DVDs" i mentioned).... all other backup works fine, eg. FFX-2, NARUTO, WINNING ELEVEN 8...... i'm still wondering if its AR2V2's problem..... can anyone confirm this for me??? THANKS GUYS!

P.S. i know dvd decrpyters great, i also tried A120% which is also good and reliable but ONLY for games thats not netplay compatible....... its just frustrating.....

6. iLLNATiON

iLLNATiON Member

i beg to differ, dvd decrypter does not burn them very well...ive had a 99% positive turn out with recordnow! deluxe edition. With exception to shadow of rome..cuz i just couldnt get it to work with any program.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

hmm, i've never used AR2 myself, i only use Swap Magic for my backups. And with it, i have no problem loading (online compatible) backup games without the dnas id patching.
    Now, if you click on the 'online play' function for these backups, they will generally freeze. So, i just don't click on that obviously, but the ones I have definitely work fine without patching the dnas id.

8. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

DraculaAC, i thought u couldn't load online games w/out patching them. I have a SMD v2.0 and cannot go online with backup games?!

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well, if you want to go online, then obviously you have to patch them. But just to play them,(NO online), you don't need to patch the dnas id for them to run.

10. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

i am reading the first post and the only questiont that comes to mind is: why go throught 15 dvd's when all you have to do is use one dvd-rw and erase it if it fails

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

RW's usually don't work on PS2 games.

@cumbuckit (what a name!): What burn speed are you using? Burn as slow as you can.

12. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

guys....I'VE FINALLY figured out this problem i'm having..... its AR2V2's problem since i've recently brought the swap magic v3 and all the games i've mentioned that didn't work on AR2v2 works on swap magic......but i've broken the tray thingy :( ...... anyways.... some games still dosen't work as in the loading times are tremendously slow..... i'll figure that out very soon.......hopefully...... but thanks to everyone's replies.....

13. fsfd1

fsfd1 Member

if a game is iso format always use dvd decrypter i have never had a problem with it