1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wi-fi over linksys

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by stagass, May 2, 2007.

1. stagass

stagass Regular member

hi guys :) after all i have internet again and i also bought a wireless router with wi-fi.the thing is that i'm having problems connecting my psp to it and playing over it with other players.how can i connect my psp to my router?what are the settings needed?ty in advantange

2. Jalathole

Jalathole Guest

first you have to set the router up. this can be done at the internal settings usually by typing in 192.168.0.1 on the computer it is connected to. then it will automatically setup your internet sharing etc. your psp will automatically detect the ap and get an ip address. make sure you setup the wpa or wep codes properly so no one steals your internet! :)

3. stagass

stagass Regular member

1st of all ty for replying.now ,i open my psp and my internet browser.i select to make a new connection.1st i let it scan.it finds my linksys.but after that i don't know what to select at the other options.
    could u help me with that plz?ty
    and also what did u meant with "make sure you setup the wpa or wep codes properly so no one steals your internet"?

4. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

i use linksys for my psp and it's fine (just as a point of reference)

5. Almakra

Almakra Guest

wep = wireless encryption protection
    this is a 10 digit code which is created, by you entering a word of your choice into your router settings [wireless tab - wireless security subtab], you then enter this wep key into any other pc on your network. this way your neighbours cant steal your internet connection. if you dont opt for wep security, then any tom dick or harry with a wireless laptop will connect to your network and they will steal it and your personal files!

-----------------------------------------------

your router settings are viewed and edited through http - so start up your internet browser and in the address bar type this;

a login window will appear. youll have to check your linksys documentation to get the exact router login details but if i remember rightly the user name is 'password' and the password is 'admin'

the second thing you need to know is the correct network mode - most linksys routers ship out already set to 'mixed mode' operation which means both g-mode and b-mode, which allows both network types to operate easily. b-mode is the older slower type and the g-mode is the newer faster type.

the psp will only connect in b-mode only.

find this setting under the wireless tab and change it to b-only. NOTE: this will make other wireless pc's on your network slightly slower when online but not greatly.

your psp should connect easily after this!

good luck!