1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wich chip do I have?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kakemons, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Kakemons

Kakemons Member

I bought my Xbox360 from a friend and he said it waas chipped.
    I wonder how I could check what kind of chip I got or does it not matter when I`m going to burn games?

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

If it's the nme chip he has installed in your drive then you need to patch your iso with nme associator(which you can download from the internet)for it to work on your console.But you better ask your friend well if it's well an nme chip he has installed inside or not.

Vincent.

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

just ask yor friend, he will know what chip is installed.

4. Kakemons

Kakemons Member

I asked him and he just said it was chipped.. He bought it from a company that is modifying xbox 360`s. I don`t know what the company name either. Can i find out wich chip I have be finding out wich DVD-rom the xbox got?

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

No you won't know which chip is installed only by knowing which drive you have.Either you can open your drive and see it or if you don't want open your drive,then you can just patch your game iso using the nme associator and then burn.Google nme associator and you'll find out tutorials about the steps you should follow before the burning process.I do remember i got a very clear tutorial there from internet but unfortunately i discarded it because i thought me too i had the nme chip but which turned out i have only my firmware flashed.The place from where i bought my console lied to me about that.But i don't really care now because it turns out now to be much easier to get my backup games working rather than to make the two seconds patch which is needed for those who have the nme installed.

Vincent.

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

seems to me that if he bought a "chiped" 360 he would have had recieved some games from someone or he did them himself.
    so somebody knows what chip is in it, but like ty4ever said do a lil trial and error, the worse thing that can happen is you will end up with a few coasters.
    if your lucky you will have a flashed drive, they are much better.

7. Kakemons

Kakemons Member

I opened the xbox and I not find any chip on the mainbord inside the dvd-drive...
    Is it any other places where the chip can be placed?

8. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

No,that's the only place the chip should be,on the drive's board.So if you haven't find any,then i guess you've been lied same as me and it's just a firmware flashed,but that's better because you can reflash if need to do so in the future.And you don't need to do any nme patching before burning your backups.

Vincent.

9. Kakemons

Kakemons Member

When I opened yhe Xbox I saw that it had been opened before since the sealing was broken.
    I just hope that it will work...
    The dvds are expensive here i norway

10. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Same case for me,i'm from Mauritius and blank dual layers disks are really very expensive,plus they are crappy ones.The only way for me to get verbatim disks(the best you can get)was to get a friend who's in UK sending them to me,but still more expensive than in the US.

If you're going to start making backups,i advise you to read and follow the tutorials(in the xbox360 section here in AD)very well so that you don't get any expensive coaster.I've followed the tutorials here in AD and thanks to that,now i'm able to make backups successfully.

So happy burning and enjoy your xbox 360!!!

Vincent.