1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wich is Better Dvd Shrink or Clone Dvd2?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by stonecld, Jan 8, 2005.

1. stonecld

stonecld Member

Man tried Dvd shrink its great with nero 6 but tried clone dvd 2 with any dvd and wow i think its even better burned quicker dvd in 30 minutes including all functions and clean picture wich one u guys think is better? Any epinions

2. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

I've tried everything. . . .CloneDVD2 and AnyDvd for sure.

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

both these programs have their up and downs. dvd shrink is good for episodics or adding multiple movies to one disc but it is also slow especially when is deep analysis. Clonedvd2 is very fast and also very reliable but no good for two movies to one disc or cropping etc. It takes me about 15-30mins to process and 15 mins to burn at 4x. The specs on my PC are nothing to brag either.

P4 2.0 ghz processor
    80 gig hard drive
    512 ram
    pioneer 105 internal burner
    sony dvd-rom

4. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Clone 2 ROCKS
    I use if for almost every Movie I burn
    But I dont like the way it has the Menu come up when you use the Split feature
    So I use other software to split a disc
    Dont know about everyone else but I dont like to compress by more than 15 percent

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

This subject gets brought up quite freqently. Alot of people look at the cost. Free Shrink vs. Not Free Clone DVD. The end result as far as quality goes is similar, so why pay? That's my opinion.

6. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

[bold]Vedas830[/bold] When you split a movie onto 2 DVD's, you should uncheck "Preserve Menus" on the title configuration screen for the second DVD. This way the menus will only be on disc 1. When you insert disc 2 for the second part of the movie it will start immediately. No menu on disc 2.

I have used several different programs to backup DVD's. About a year ago started out with DvdXcopy. I had varying degrees of success with it. Then I discovered DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink. I used it for several months but found problems with it also. For one, if want to split a long movie onto 2 DVD's using Re-author you lose the menu's. If you want to copy a TV series DVD you will get questionable quality due to the amouth of data to be coppied. Many publishers put ove 3 hours of material on each dvd. The same goes for DVD Decryptor/Nero 6. Then I tried DVD Decryptor/TMPGEnc DVD Author for TV series DVD's. It works great but it is labor intensive.

Then I discovered [bold]CloneDVD 2[/bold]/AnyDVD. This is a very elegant piece of software. You can easily copy any DVD and get great quality. I have compared the results with DVD Shrink and I cannot see any difference on my 36 inch Toshiba TV. You can also easily do the following:

1. Copy any DVD
    2. Split any DVD onto 2 DVD's
    3. Copy a multi-episode(TV series) DVD onto 2 DVD AND retain the menu's on both DVD's.

[bold]ClondDVD 2 is VERY fast! At least twice as fast as anything else I've tried![/bold]

I have friends and relatives who have gone the DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink route and have ALL switched to Clone DVD 2.

One thing I always do when burning the DVD is to set the burn speed one click lower than the DVD's rated speed. In other words if the blank DVD is rated at 8X, I burn it at 6X. For 4X I use 2-2.4X. This way I ensure that my DVD will play in any of my three DVD players. I have Sony, JVC and Philips. They also play in my Xbox.

The choice is yours. If you're looking for ease, simplicity and great quality CloneDVD 2 is the way to go.

Good luck!

7. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

When you split a movie onto 2 DVD's, you should uncheck "Preserve Menus" on the title configuration screen for the second DVD. This way the menus will only be on disc 1. When you insert disc 2 for the second part of the movie it will start immediately. No menu on disc 2.
    End Quote
    Now I see what I did Wrong
    Ducking my Head in shame
    LOL
    Thanks for the Info
    Going to have to try this
    :)