1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

widescreen woes (using TMPGEnc, Nero 6, NTSC format)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dhaxe, Dec 26, 2004.

1. dhaxe

dhaxe Member

I used TMPGEnc to author the dvd, using 16:9 NTSC format. The .vob plays in the correct 16:9 ratio using VLC player.

However, after burning the files to DVD using Nero 6, the video appears in 4:3 proportions in dvd players. Everything else about the dvd is correct (sound, etc), and it plays with the correct proportions on a computer.

Why does it go into that 4:3 aspect ratio on dvd players? Please help...

Thanks in advance,
    Ax

2. birthslop

birthslop Member

I had the same problem just now when i was trying to burn dvds. What i did was change the dvd player settings to 16:9 ratio. However, i dont like to leave this setting on all the time cause when i have widescreen dvds playing it seems to cut the edges off a little bit (but that may be my imagination, i tend to see the entire screen being taken up and assume there is a problem). Anyways, this method seems to help the problem, but a little bit is still cut off from the sides, but i could only tell because there was a title spreading right across the screen and half of the first and last letter were chopped off. Anyways, thats when i came looking on the internet for solutions to the problem and found this site. Hopefully someone else can add to my progress.