1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd demuxing issue...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Villain, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Villain

Villain Member

Ok, this is a sync problem :) What I'm trying to do I have done before successfully. Convert SVCD to DVD. I know all about the steps, header tricks you don't need anymore thanks to DVD Lab, audio conversions, etc. I have SVCD2DVD and well.. everything you'd need. I'm using a Telecine Pal mpeg. I've read all about the sync problem you can run into after you have converted the audio stream to 48,000Hz. Naturally I assumed this was my problem when after compiling my project and watching it on PowerDVD it was terribly out of sync. Nope, I figured out that it was doing this even if I simply demultiplexed an mpeg2 file and immediatly multiplexed it right away. I extracted the MPG file using VCDGear with "Fix Mpeg Errors" flagged. I was demuxing the file with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5. I don't know what the problem could be now. It's done this on 3 movies in a row. That's 9 Mpeg streams. All out of sync. If burnt to CD-R they play perfectly. But just for my project I had completed that is 6 cd-r burns instead of my 1 DVD-R project. Uhg... I've done this before without any problems whatsoever. Any ideas?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you useing to convert the audio to 48000hz???
    I actually allways Encode the Mp2 audio in the SVCD Files to Dolby AC3 at 48000hz and never had Problems with 400+ SVCD to DVD Transfers...
    Try compareing the Length of the audio stream before converting to 48000hz and After converting to 48000hz and see if there is a Differance and if there is a Differance in the Length then that is were your Problem is.....Cheers

PS: can you explain to me what a Teliclined Pal file is??? As Teliclineing is something that generally only applys to NTSC Material....

3. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

Try virtual dub to demux this audio. Sometimes it helps to try out diffrent programs.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Virtual-Dub doesn"t Support SVCD Files so can not Demux the Mp2 audio...

5. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

I didnt say Virtual Dub did support SVCD.

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

what he meant is virtualdubmod supports mpeg2.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well this Post has to do with a "Wierd Demuxing Issue" in SVCD Files, So what does Telling someone to use Virtual-Dub have to do with any of this??
    These Posts are supposed to help poeple Not Confuse them, Especially when it was YOU who started this Post in the First Place..So please try to keep your answers semi relevant to the general subject of the Post.......Cheers

8. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

I didnt start this post, Villain did. I said mainly try a diffrent program to demux it.