1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd PSP brick.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Nubicious, May 16, 2007.

1. Nubicious

Nubicious Guest

Yeah, so I upgraded to custom firmware 3.40 OE-A just a couple days ago and I tried to put in some custom themes but it didn't work and just bricked my psp. Luckily I had some backup files of the flashers, so I put the files back in (but it was the 3.03 OE-C flasher files) and my psp just downgraded to a 3.03 OE-C. Then I reupgraded, made a new backup, found some custom themes that were supposed to work 3.40 OE-A, but didn't, so I tried to put my backup files back into the flashers and my flasher didn't have enough space for it all. I'm pretty sure that I might have some unessecary files in it, but I don't know what. Could anyone possibly help me?

2. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Regular member

try going back down to 3.03 oe-c then back to 3.40 oe-a this happened to me a lot when i was experimenting with 3.40 oe-a when it first came out before the new xmb themes for it

3. Nubicious

Nubicious Guest

i have no idea how to get back to 3.03 oe-c because i don't have the flasher files anymore
    what if i used the 1.50 recovery? would that still work?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  4. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Regular member

i will send you the link for recovery when i get back from work

5. Nubicious

Nubicious Guest

I just downloaded the winstaller for the recovery and put the files in my recovery folder. I'm still kinda scared to use the recovery because I don't know if it might permanently brick my psp or what. I'll try it when I get home from school.

6. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

@nubicious
    as long as you follow the instructions included in the recovery there should be no bricking
    o yea you can get any custom theme working on 3.40OE-A just follow this tut, it says 3.30 but itll work on 3.40 as well
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/496694
    and the wallpapers have to be re-sized from 480x272 or w/e to 335x190 so that all your custom icons will appear

7. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Regular member

well if your that scared dont do it