1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd Sound with CDR game backup

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c2xdgb, Dec 14, 2003.

1. c2xdgb

c2xdgb Guest

Hey!!

Has anyone else seen this?? I used Nero and a Memorex 48x CDR(700MB) to backup a game. I burned the image by using a Bin-Cue setup. When I put the game in the PS2 it made some aweful sounds and then the splash screen came up. It then continued to make loud sounds(the DVD drive) and then went to the red screen of death. I used the same problem with an Imation(supposed to be cheap) CD and it worked fine. What is it about this CD that makes the DVD drive sound so bad and not work. It sounds like the disc is slipping or something. Every other disk works fine...

Thanks

c2xdgb

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it sounds like your ps2 is having problems reading the memorex cd's this is quite common as ps2's can be quite picky about media types.if the imation cd's work then why not stick with them

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it's not the ps2 being picky with the cd's it's the Memorex crap that makes it all try other brand any will do aslong it's not Memorex lol the cd cant slip cuz of the magnet that holds the cd/dvd :p

4. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

Might I also add to make sure you burn at 1 or 2x speed.