1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wifi adapter

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Jul 19, 2017.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am looking for a user manual for an adapter model# YT-WA1714A maker unknown, brand unknown. I will describe it as the post describes it. USB3, daual antenna, dual band, mounted on a stand at it in case anyone recognizes it. #152374229035. Any ifo welcome. A simple single attena tiny adapter does not work. The wi fi in this building is not easy to connect to despite the recent upgrades. This is for a desktop usb2. Item is compatible with usb 2/3. This is an HP ELITE 8000. I do not know what type or open slots are available. I would rather use the ports than the slots as in my experience HP has issues with cards. Thanks. I asked the seller the same question.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have seen this. The issue is that no one in my building uses desktops only a few notebooks. Some wired some wireless. The other issue is that the wifi is apparently not always "connectible" depends where you are in the building. I need a dongle that can connect no matter where in the building I am just to be sure. A plug and play would be a plus. Once connected I can remove my router. hopefully. and use one unit in each desktop. Any advice welcome. I am doing this partly to save $s.