1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIFI MAX HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Lwiggy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Lwiggy

Lwiggy Guest

ive got the drivers working and the zdwlan program but my psp wont connect. how do i set up a wireless connection which is bridged with my ISP? thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Follow the guide HERE.

It worked like a charm for me.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  3. robbo94

robbo94 Guest

get summat else to get ya online they are crap i was trying for ages nd it neva worked.

4. jin666

jin666 Regular member

I bought one around a year ago and I had nothing but problems. When I eventually did get it working (somehow) it was plagued with problems, and I ended up buying myself a wireless router... one of the best decisions I've made.

Cheers

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Ahh, I thought you were trying to set up xLink kai; making my previous post kind of make me look like a moron. I apologize if the link I gave you threw you off.

And yeah, I only have a wifi max so I can use xlink kai, a program that lets you play ad-hoc PSP games online with other people; so I don't think I'll be of much help setting it up for you.

6. mclouting

mclouting Member

This post is wayyyyyyy over due. After about a year now by accident kinda i managed to make my wifi max work with my psp and ps3. its not the fastest but online play is pretty good.

The main problem i was having was the ip adress thing. I worked out that the zydas software was not bridging and i could not make it bridge the connections either.

Here's how to solve it.

plug in the dongle
    go to network connections.
    find the your internet connection within there on open properties.
    Zydas should be running at this point, will not work otherwise.

now the important bit.
    on your internet connection go to the advance tab and select allow all user and tick all the boxes.
    then under home network connection select the wifimax connection that is set up on your pc, it should now work.

Note this method can also allow ps3 users to connect to the internet without wifimax via their pc by doing the same but selecting the etherenet port.

please reply if this worked. i don;t think i explained it very well.

7. Lwiggy

Lwiggy Guest

please can you do a step by step installation! i have tried that but no luck! thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007