1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wifi network sharing error 6

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by upload1, May 23, 2007.

1. upload1

upload1 Member

Hi hope you people can help. I've been using my nintendo wifi usb connector for a while using it for my wii and ds online gameing.
    I one day went to remove nintendo wifi software from my computer using add and remove prog's.
    Anyway the other day i tried to install the software everything was well till it asked to insert usb wifi connector i put it in then got about 3/4 way through and got a NETWORK SHARING ERROR 6.
    I've tried to install a few time now and get the same thing. Also got latest software from nintendo for wifi connector but stil does the same thing!!!!!!
    Any help would be great please keep replies simple as im not the most tech of people.....

2. wdclean

wdclean Regular member

Is there anything else sharing the internet connection on your computer if so try changing the ip to 192.168.1.1 eg...
    Hope this helps

3. upload1

upload1 Member

hi mate thanks for getting back to me . As far as i know i aint sharing anything. all i have in me network connection is the icon for local area connection ,I so regret taking the software off in the 1st place. Im not the best with computers anyway. If anyone has any other ideas please help.......

4. wdclean

wdclean Regular member

Here's an option for you
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312
    give this a try and any problems I can help you out here

5. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Depending on how your internet connection is set up it might be causing your problems, I have a DSL connection using the windows PPPOE dialer and I'm on a wireless router, here's what I had to do to get it connected. I set up the router's IP as 192.168.2.1, and set the router to store the dsl user name and password. I then changed my wireless internet connection to the default internet connection for windows. Next I deleted any shared internet connections, uninstalled the wifi usb connecter, and re-ran the setup. This got past the "internet connection sharing error" and created a new connection under "network connections" called "internet connection". I then went into network connections and changed it so that "local area connection 3" (my wifi adapter) shared the connection with my dsl dialer, and removed the user and pass from the router. This fixed my problem, so if you have ANY similarities with my connection, try doing this, modifying the steps for your particular setup.