1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wifi sat boxes???

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sb18180, May 11, 2011.

1. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

does anyone know if there is a sat box with wifi? we all dont have easy access from the sat box to routers,home plugs are not much use and hard wireing them is a pain and a mess. its about time future sat/cable boxes have a wifi module built in for easy access to wifi routers. so come on designers get on the case you are missin out on ££££££

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

buy a wifi dongle, there are dongles that connect items such as media players to routers, such as the WDTV live uses a wireless dongle

3. e45

e45 Regular member

I use home plugs and never let me down works 100%

4. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Can't see how you're having a problem with Home plugs!

5. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

but going forward...i think all boxes should be wifi enabled, that would be so much easier, then it would be just simple as connecting a box to router just like a laptop with a wep key, i think it would make a huge difference.

I have a Wii box, that has wifi built in, something like that would be great. then you can take the box anywhere in the house and no worried about ethernet cables or homeplugs. so i think manufacturers need to take this seriously.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

it would be good alrite, but there are Dongles out there that do it, on play dot com there are dongles and comments on em on which they work on etc