1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wifi with ROMs - Blocked?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Ecko_Blue, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Ecko_Blue

Ecko_Blue Member

Hey, how're you doing?

I've recently purchased one of those Nintendo USB WI-FI adapters to play my DS Games online. I had read a few months back a thread about this working well. So I loaded up Metroid Hunters (original rom size, nothing cut, using R4DS + Sandisk 1GB), it connected to the Nintendo servers properly but would never let me play.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I followed the WIFI instructions to make sure I have the computer setup properly. It linked my game to my DS via some code, now I have no idea how to play against others.

Any ideas on what I'm missing, of if Nintendo blocks ROMS?

If so, is there an alternate method for online play?

2. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Wi-Fi play works fine with ROMs. I have no experience with the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter so perhaps someone else can assist you with that.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have the R4DS cart and some of the download/online features are not supported with this cart.

Below is a link to a review of the R4DS (Linked off of the R4DS site) It has a list of games that work and do not work. Most games work perfect on the R4DS and some have problems when you try running it in Download/Online mode.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41279#e2

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Yup, it's just your cart. I use an EZIV and can play online just fine with everything.