1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii 2.1E with wiikey.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by chavo1978, Nov 25, 2007.

1. chavo1978

chavo1978 Member

Hi all.

I am new so let me first of all say that i have been around this forum for a long time buy usually i just read as there is so much information i have never had to post!

I have a wii that i got when they first came out. i took it to a guy and he fitted a wiikey i presume this would of been version one (it was january 2007)

I have just turned on my wii to play some games after a few months out of the scene and have been reading about the updates. now from my understanding i will need to download 1.9b then burn it to a dvd (do i need to resize it in filechop?) then i need to run that then i need to do the same with 1.9g then if i go and either do an online update or update through a game like SMG or mini racer i should be ok right?

Anyone can confirm before i brick my wii?

thanks.

2. chavo1978

chavo1978 Member

Ok never mind this is what i did:
    1) burn the correct 1.9b disc to dvd (no padding ie file chop) popped it in and updated great
    2) did exactly the same with the 1.9g disc
    3) popped in SMG updated the wii rebooted

4) played all the new games! yipppeee

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

lol having read all the posts dont forget u r meant to edit your last post if yours was the latest

btw glad to see you read the posts and sorted it yourself

feels loads better knowing u had the balls to do it

:)